Patient demand for aesthetic solutions is driving lingual orthodontics to unprecedented popularity as people seek beautiful smiles without the obvious appearance of metal or ceramic brackets.
The STb Light Lingual System delivers superior outcomes — efficient, simplified and faster treatment as well as greater patient comfort — for all levels of cases. A first in lingual orthodontics, STb utilizes a new passive self-ligation design for dramatically reduced friction and lighter forces.
Developed by two of the leading lingual practitioners in the world, Drs. Giuseppe Scuzzo and Kyoto Takemoto, the STb system comprises the most advanced lingual technology, making it incredibly comfortable for the patient and very easy to use — even for clinicians new to lingual.
- With STb, patient compliance issues disappear as you no longer need to worry about misplaced aligners or interruptions in treatment time.
- Unique to lingual brackets, STb has minimal impact on tongue position and speech; clinical studies have demonstrated that the negligible speech difficulty disappears within a few days of bonding. STb brackets have the lowest bracket profile at just 1.5 mm.
- STb is the ideal solution for those cases that are not suitable for aligner treatment, because they require the high level of control that only fixed appliances can provide.
- The STb Light Lingual System is applicable to all levels of cases, and our recently introduced STb Social 6 is ideal for minor to moderate cases involving anterior teeth.
- STb cases can be prepared with a standard indirect setup by AOA Lab or in your own practice. In most cases STb does not require a full T.A.R.G. or C.L.A.S.S. setup, making it far simpler and nearly half the cost of other lingual setups.
Before & After STB Cases
3 months (2 wires used)
7 months (2 wires used)
8 months (2 wires used
10 months (2 wires used)