ORMCO ANNOUNCES COMMERCIAL AVAILABILITY OF ITS ALIAS™ LINGUAL BRACKET SYSTEM
Leading Orthodontic Manufacturer Deploys Industry’s First Passive Self-Ligation, Square-Slot Lingual System
ORANGE, Calif. (April 13, 2016)—Ormco Corporation, a leading manufacturer and provider of advanced orthodontic technology and services, announces the commercial availability of its Alias™ Lingual Bracket System, the world’s first Straight Wire, passive self–ligating, square-slot lingual bracket, which will be debuted at the 2016 AAO in Orlando. The innovative aesthetic solution has been designed with enhanced functionality, making it easier than ever for clinicians to provide a leading-edge and discreet orthodontic treatment solution. Ormco worked closely with world-renowned lingual leaders and product inventors Drs. Kyoto Takemoto and Giuseppe Scuzzo to develop this advancement in lingual orthodontics that utilizes passive self-ligation and light forces, provides excellent torque and rotational control, and facilitates easy, fast and comfortable wire changes. Ormco’s Alias Lingual Bracket System is designed for lingual users and incorporates convenient indirect bonding set ups provided by AOA lab.
With passive self-ligating technology, the Alias Lingual Bracket System features brackets designed for optimized movement—the unique .018 vertical square slot keeps the archwire properly engaged, allowing for more precise treatment and greater rotational and torque control. In addition, gingivally offset positioning, combined with the system’s Straight Wire mechanics, allows Alias brackets to be positioned closer to the lingual tooth surface. This bonding approach can minimize premature occlusal contacts between the maxillary anterior brackets and mandibular anterior teeth. With each of these key product benefits, Ormco’s new system marries consumer-demanded aesthetics with cutting-edge technology, giving clinicians offering lingual orthodontics a high-quality treatment option to deliver exact results with ease and confidence.
“The Alias Lingual Bracket System is an optimal solution for meeting patient demand for aesthetically-pleasing treatment, while giving doctors the high-level control they expect with a fixed appliance,” said Patrik Eriksson, president of Ormco. “Alias represents advancement in the industry by offering a small, low profile bracket that reduces wire friction, yet maximizes torque control. At the same time, we are opening another door for treating patients with a technologically advanced bracket system that is comfortable, convenient and discreet.”
The Alias Lingual Bracket System is designed around three product pillars: simplicity, efficiency and comfort. Key product features are attributed to these pillars as follows:
- Easy open and close. Self-ligating slide makes archwire changes faster and easier.
- Simplified wire changes. The Lingual Hinge Cap Opener and Slim Weingart instruments facilitate easy and fast wire changes.
- Customer indirect bonding. AOA Lab creates custom bonding set-ups, making bracket placement fast, simple and accurate.
- Streamlined inventory. Single-patient kits suit patient and doctor preferences and treatment needs.
- Passive self-ligating mechanics. Alias is designed to minimize friction while producing light, continuous orthodontic forces that allow teeth to move more smoothly.
- Enhanced sliding mechanics. The Straight Wire shape facilitates easier sliding.
- Simplified finishing bends. The lingual wire replicates the labial Straight Wire arch form, allowing for more intuitive wire bends.
- Enhanced rotational and torque control. Patented .018x.018 square slot provides optimal control and desired results.
- Enhanced patient comfort. Designed with low bracket profiles and rounded contours.
Orthodontists interested in the Alias Lingual Bracket System can order indirect bonding through AOA Lab, the lab appliance division of Ormco, by calling 1-800-262-5221; alternatively an Ormco sales representative can be reached at 1-800-854-1741. Media interested in speaking with an AOA or Ormco spokesperson should contact Havas Formula at 619-234-0345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/myormco, or Twitter at @Ormco.
For over 50 years, Ormco has partnered with the orthodontic community to manufacture innovative products and solutions to enhance the lives of our customers and their patients. Distinguished products range from legacy twin brackets Titanium Orthos™ and Mini-Twin™ to self-ligating appliances with the Damon® System and active Prodigy™ SL. Ormco's Insignia™ Advanced Smile Design™ provides an all-inclusive solution with customized brackets, wires and placement trays for increased clinical efficiency. From personalized service to worldwide continuing education programs and marketing support, Ormco is committed to helping orthodontists achieve their clinical and practice management objectives. For more information, visit the Ormco website.